Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chi-Town Cross Ride (2)

Thanksgiving Break was pretty sweet. Spent the week in Chi-Town and watched entirely too much football. My friend showed me this sweet cross trail that runs all the way up to the border of Wisconsin. Did a sweet ride with a pretty big group on Turkey Day. About a quarter of the way out it started snowing pretty hard which just up'd the sweetest level. It was pretty fuckin sweet to get off the road and onto a sweet trail. Nice way to get the hours in without poundin the road.
Decided to go out again on Saturday. By this time it had warmed up considerably which means the snow melted and the trail was uber sloppy and thus uber sweet. Decided to do a longer ride and up the pace a little bit. This probably wasn't the best idea since the intensity level is still pretty low in my program right now but whatever. When the conditions are as sweet as they were the trail was begging for me to get into it. The bike and myself got pretty dirty...although not as dirty as this guy...
....sorry for the obligatory picture. That is Lars Boom btw, hes a badass mothafucka.
I am thinking about trying my hand at some Cross racing here pretty soon. Would be a good test of fitness and would be fun. Updates on that decision coming soon.

No comments: