Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hopefully a sign of things to come!

I ventured up to do the final installment of the Marian University Indoor TT series on Sunday. My heat was at 9 a.m. so I was up very early. I got there and started warming up and felt pretty terrible. The legs did not want to be awake yet and certainly did not want to do a TT effort. However, my the time the countdown had started they were feeling decent. Once the TT started I made a decision to really go after the hills on the rolling 6.2 mile course. It paid off. However, by "resting" on the downhills I managed to recover but could have lost valuable time. (more on that in a sec). I was in the lead for most of my heat but was not aware that I was putting down that good of a time until near the end. Long story short I missed out on the best time of the series by less than a second!!! Damn, but at least it is held my friend and training partner Ryan "Dr. Steelhammer" Shanahan.His best time is 14:27.5. My time was 14.28.49 for an average of 384 watts. I felt great but should have went deeper into the pain cave. There is definitely an art to riding a good TT on a computrainer and I would definitely love another crack at it! O well next year. Time to focus on the upcoming road season. I have a good feeling about it and am more fit than I have ever been. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come and not a one time performance. Well gotta go log some more hours in the wattage cottage so I can venture further into the pain cave! Thanks for reading and a bigger thanks to Zipp and Marian University for putting on a cool event. See you on the road!

No comments: