Saturday, October 31, 2009

Overdue Update

Thought I would update while I had a second. As everyone knows Bloomingcross was a couple of weeks ago and it went very well. The course was fast and no one fell off the bridges. :) I got a front row call up but managed to botch the start and went into the 180 about 6th and could not get clear until towards the end of the first lap. However, by this tim Mitchell Kersting had managed to build a little gap that I would sadly never close. The legs did not feel as good the did in Cinci but I still rode well and rolled in 2nd. Hopefully I can take down one of the remaining OVCX races.

Next was the USGP in Louisville. I was once again doing the 2/3 events before I man up and do the UCI races next year. I did not feel so hot and was truthfully feeling burnt out and unmotivated. It did not help that I had to leave super early to get there in time for my 10 o'clock race. The weather was chilly and the course had super-glue like mud everywhere. It robbed me of my power advantage which I was counting on because I felt flat. However, I was lucky enough to win Day 1 thanks to a call up. Andrew Dillman got 2nd. This kid is a balla!! He is 15 and gave me everything I could handle. If he can stay motivated he is going places. Big props to him. Day 2 I did not get a call up and was starting very far back. The legs felt terrible and I never saw the leader. I got up to 2nd but wrecked trying to get free. I ended up fourth. Guess who won?!...Dillman! Like I said this kid is going places. He rode away from 120 guys. He started near the front but I will never take anything away from him. Good luck to him and I look forward to following his progress. I took it easy this week in preparation for Gun Club cross here in about 14 hrs. Hopefully the legs wake up and I can go for that top podium spot.

Random thought.

Several people have pointed out to me that the proposed Senate Health Care bill will pay for abortions. How they have managed to take a several hundred page document and condense it to one ridiculous point is beyond me. So what, would you rather have the kid raised in foster care because the parent does not want it. You talk about having to pay for this bill, who do you think would have to pay to keep this kid in the foster system? Another thing, it amazes me that more often than not people who are anti-abortion and PRO-LIFE are also pro death penalty. People are awesome. I do not think this country has ever been so polarized and I believe it is because people are being misled by those they elected to represent them; on both sides of the aisle. Just my thoughts.

Have a good one and remember to think for yourself. Don't believe everything you seen on that T.V.

No comments: