Saturday, July 25, 2009

Long Overdue Update

Fort Wayne Crit- 2nd....got tag teamed by the Alderfer Boys, still a little bitter. Awesome ride for Mike and Issac though

Tour de Champaign (Day 2)- Was a pretty difficult race. Huff and Mead from Jelly Belly showed up. I missed the race winning move consisting of Schroetlin, a RGF and Jonathan Jacob from Roadhouse. I got up the road with Uberti (RGF) and we miraculously managed to stay away till the end. I ended up 5th. A great day of racing I really had to push seeing as how the legs never seemed to come around.

Next was the much anticipated World Championships of cycling aka The Bloomington Criterium. The pace was fast and furious from the gun. I found myself up the road with a good friend; Jason Fowler. The entire Cutter crew was there cheering, it gave me goosebumps. Unfortunately with some heavy hitters still in the group we were pulled back.


As the race progressed it became evident that it was going to end in a bunch sprint, and I knew the Nuvo boys had the man for the job in Hubbell. I went to the front with a lap and a half to go and rode myself inside out. Coming out of the last corner Hubbell yelled go wide so I obliged and he obliterated everyone easily winning the sprint. I managed to hang on for 3rd which was an unexpected surprise.

sweet picture (check out the Radars)

Podium (Pretty cool being up there with Fowler and Hubbell who has been so supportive of my racing, like the entire Nuvo squad. Thanks guys this summer has been awesome so far!

No comments: